I'm back from vacation - I turned another year older, lost my wallet for a few hours and discovered that I had a water leak while I was gone. Mostly, it was a good trip with stressful interludes. Two family reunions and I got some new genealogy information. I may dive back in to it while I'm waiting.
On the day I left, I got my first secret pal gift. It was a really great gift, but brought up some feelings I wasn't expecting. I just looked at it and thought "gosh... I probably won't be reading this books to a daughter from China... I won't be flying to China to get her...." I don't think I realized how much I had gotten into adopting from China, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure I don't want to wait until 2011.
Today I call the foster lisencesor to make an appointment for the homestudy. Hopefully, I can get my house into shape before she shows up... it's in vacation disaster mode.
Aug 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Talk To Me!:
Welcome back, Jana! We're still waiting, and today, for the first time, I started to feel a little frustrated...as now we'll have to wait until at least late October to travel.
Kim
Post a Comment