In looking over my paperwork, I discovered that my I-171 will expire next week. I know I keep saying I wasn't going to renew, but somehow the fact that it's expired for all intents and purposes, comes as a blow. It's done. It's over.
I think it's more of a blow because I've started telling people that Lala will probably be going home at the end of the summer. Maybe sooner, maybe later... but for now the plan is in motion for her to go home. I could tell the people I told at lunch were a bit shocked at my casualness, but I've known for almost a month and somehow convinced myself that "it's ok."
Next week I have to take Lala to respite while I attend a conference in Seattle. This is what is really making it all come to head. I can't think of a week without seeing her. What if she starts to walk? What if she takes off crawling? She's moving, but not very fast or far.
It's just all coming to a head in short space of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Talk To Me!:
Post a Comment