CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Dec 7, 2009

Kids Play Kitchen Hack

Saturday I bit the bullet and headed up to Ikea. It’s about an hour and half drive – more if you miss your exit… twice.

I did however get some good stuff. I picked up some kids kitchen ware, new plates and bowls for the kids, silverware for the house, new curtains and a rug for the cuddler’s room, some stocking stuffers for the cuddler, some toddler safe tree decoration (at 25% off… they were so cheap that I saved a whopping $1.25!) and two new sheet sets for me. I also looked at the play kitchens. They did not have the cheaper one from the catalog and the one they did have was very short. The perfect size for the cuddler who is a normal 18 month old height. Lala, however, is about the size of your average 3 year old. She would have towered over it.

trofast

Just behind the play area I found this! The Trofast system of storage. It was the right height for Lala and with a sink placed on the and some burners, it would be a great kitchen. Plus all the food and dishes could be stored in the bins underneath.

When she grows out of it, we can return it to it’s natural storage system state for clothes or shoes or something. Kids always need more storage. It’s a twoferone buy.

newkitchen

This is recently played with end result. The sink was purchased online from somewhere I don’t remember. In fact, I purchased it last year… it’s one of the gifts that I was never able to give Lala and has been sitting in the closet forgotten. The burners are wooden plaques I got at JoAnns. I used a sharpie to color on the rings. Right now, they’re duct taped to the top of the cabinet. I told Lala, that they had to stay on the top. We’ll see how long it takes for the cuddler to rip them off. The cabinet was about $50, bins included. (Ikea sale item). The sink was $5, plus shipping and the ‘burners’ were $1.79 ea.

So far, it’s been a bit hit. I decided to give it to her, since A. I probably wouldn’t have time later this month to put the cabinet together and B. I’m sure as heck not driving it across the state and back while we are on our holiday pilgrimage.

We just have to find a place to put it. There will have to be some furniture shift tonight to find a new home.

0 Talk To Me!:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails