CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Feb 6, 2010

Sounds of Silence

I'll admit it. I'm a tv addict. As a true child of 70's I spent my Saturday mornings engrossed in cartoons and all of my evenings watching a strictly scheduled repertoire of sit-coms, variety shows and dramas. Every Saturday night was spent watching Lawrence Welk (wonerful, wonerful), Hee-Haw and the Irish Rovers. Sunday nights was Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdome, Jacque Costeau and Disney. Every day I would wish and hope that that was the day that Ms. Florence would see me in her magic mirror. She never did and I'm still disappointed to this day.

However, just because I'm a tv addict does not mean that my kids should be. Plus, I know it makes sound like an old fogey, but television is not as good as it was back then. Only drunk people sing, animal shows are all about blood and gore and cartoons no longer have story lines. Well, except Handy Manny. So this month's habit is to turn off the TV. Given that it could rain heavily every day this month, it may be impossible, but we're giving it a go.

0 Talk To Me!:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails