We did it! This morning, we got loaded up and headed out the Y. The cuddler went into the kidlet's rooms and Lala and I went swimming. It's all part of the big plan to start one the activity treadmill. I felt like such a mom! Sadly, the town I live in is pretty much stuck in 1972, so there are few activites for littles and almost none offtered on the weekends or evenings. If you can't make it Tuesday at 10am, you are S.O.L. I have to make it up as we go along and we're almost always solo because those activities are where you meet other moms... which we can't go to.
Lala begins swim lessons next month (the only thing offered on weekends in her age group). She is not good with change (and who can blame her?), so we're spending Saturday mornings swimming during "family swim" to get used to the "big bathtub". It took about 15 minutes to get to the point of standing in ankle deep water. Luckily, there is a walk in area and a very shallow area for littles. Twenty minutes we were "swooshin" around the little river-like play canal. We tried to play motorboat, but the concept was a little confusing. Maybe next week.
The cuddler had a fantastic time in the kidlet area and Lala was a bit jealous. Next week I may try to squeeze in a work out and let her play for a bit. It may be pushing the time limit for the cuddler though.
PS - Lala used the big potty to pee! The first time outside of the house! We're on a roll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Talk To Me!:
Post a Comment