Well, posting every day didn’t happen completely, but this will be my 18th post for the month. That is a new record on Hedgetoad Baby! I’m fairly proud of that, and I’ll be trying again for the month of April. Can I do all 30 days? Or at least 19? I’m guessing it will depend on how exciting my life is during that month.
Also, we will have to call the exercise plan a failure. Hmm… I don’t seem to be doing so well on this 12 new habits for the year. One for three is not a good record. April’s challenge is organization. With spring break, you would think I have plenty of time to begin, but as the master of procrastination I may be in trouble. In fact, at this moment I should be packing up my car for a drive to the big city. I have not taken a shower or found the clothing I want to take to the children’s consignment shop. I’ve been procrastinating on the computer. Sad, but true.
In the meantime, we’re still waiting for Lala’s file to be moved to an adoption worker. Everything is ready, but apparently there’s been a freeze on file movement for at least the first half of this month. I’m guessing that I will soon be getting yet another “plan of action” stating that the state expects that the adoption will be finalized in October. It’s worrisome that things are not finalized, because things can change at the drop of a hat… especially with staff changes. We’ve all heard the horror stories about bad case workers, ill-informed judges, lost paperwork and other snafus with tragic results. I’ve always known it’s a possibility, but the longer we go, the more it preys on my mind. Hopefully, things will start to get moving in April. This is also the month that the cuddler’s hearing begins. Or, rather, is scheduled to begin. The one thing you can count on in our court system is delay.

1 Talk To Me!:
Hi, I saw you were a new follower and I wanted to come and say hello. I can't even imagine trying to come up with something to say or show every single day. Good for you for trying. I'm happy if I have something interesting to share once a week. Maybe once a month is more realistic. So you are adopting? I hope that goes through smoothly. Good luck.
Post a Comment