I need help!
The cuddler is constantly taking his diaper off – like, every time he pees, I hear a little voice say “I poopy!”. Now my house is around 1200 sq. feet, yet, I cannot run fast enough after those two magic words to catch him before he has whipped off that diaper. I’ve tried the old “put the diaper on backwards”, “put the footy pj’s on backwards”, and “let him run around naked” bids, only to end up with bodily fluids/solids on the floor.
Before you think it, his body may be ready for potty training, but his brain is not. He has pee’d on the toilet, but only because he wanted to… he does not make the connection between the have-to-pee and peeing on the toilet. One is something that just happens. The other is a fun party time.
Has anyone ever actually used Duct tape? I assumed it was just a joke, but I’m quickly reaching the poop breaking point.

6 Talk To Me!:
How hold is your little cuddler? Do you think he is ready for potty training? We started using the rubber/plastic undies over top of cotton ones with our potty training children. The cotton makes them still feel wet (so they recognize the need for the potty) but the rubber/plastic undies kept our floors dry! Best wishes in this endeavor!
Wow I remember those days, they seem so long ago, well that's because they were. My youngest is 25. Just stopping by from Blogger Buddies to leave my daily comment love.
Have an amazing day,
Ellie
Oh boy, that's a doozy! I never had quite the same problem, but I wouldn't hesitate to use duct tape!
Maybe some kind of reward for the desired behavior? We give the kids one M&M each time they pee in the potty. Maybe cuddler could receive something for putting his diaper back on like a good boy who listens to his Mommy?
Good luck! Before you train him on the proper behavior, I hope you get a video of him running around pantsless!
Really a sweet post I have ever come across! I dunno any remedy to tell you. But it is the beautiful stage of kids, they look so cute n innocent! Enjoying with them give us extreme peace n joy.....
Really a sweet post I have ever come across! I dunno any remedy to tell you. But it is the beautiful stage of kids, they look so cute n innocent! Enjoying with them give us extreme peace n joy.....
Post a Comment