CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Jul 13, 2011

Summertime, and the living is easy.

ro-water-play

We survived our first vacation of the summer. Of course, the first night had me declaring that we would never leave home again. Both kids were just too keyed up to go to sleep, even though they were really, really ‘I’ve-lost-my-mind-and-can-no-longer-function” tired. As was I. For the rest of the trip, my goal was to ensure that they were so tired by bedtime that they just might go to sleep at a normal time. It must have worked, because they not only fell asleep at a decent time, but did so while sleeping in the same bed!

Now we’re back the usual schedule of eat, swim, eat, nap, eat, swim, eat. With some bike riding thrown in.

Lala finally did figure it out. Now, every time someone rides by on a bike, she points out that the rider is “moving their feet up and down, just like me!” She is incredibly proud of her herself for figuring out how to make the bike move. I’m sure that steering will come along soon too! At least, hopefully, before a major injuries occur. A major plus living on a flood plain is that everything is relatively flat…because steering and braking may be a problem.

The Cuddler turned three yesterday. Although I still call him my baby, he’s not. Fully into the “I do it!” stage, he’s becoming quite independent. So far, it’s displayed in his refusal to do anything. No go on the big potty! No pick up toys! No watch Elmo! No! He’s also developed an obsession with Dora. I don’t know it it’s the interactivity of the show or what, but somehow it totally sucks him in. I’m drawing the line at buying him Dora clothes, though. The high heel shoes are plenty.

1 Talk To Me!:

Sonja

The vacations will be great memories later, even if they're difficult now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails