The first weekend, I tackled my junk cupboard. Some people have junk drawers (which I also have), but I have a junk cupboard. It's the junk cupboard, because my plan for several years has been to take it down. Remove it from my kitchen. However, this is a task I find extremely daunting for some reason. Otherwise, it would be gone after seven years, right? But having that space empty proved to be too tempting... for the stuff that didn't really have a permanent home, that needed to be put out of the reach of children, and that I didn't have time to put back into the far reaches of some other storage place.
In case you're wondering, yes... those are insta-bibs in the corner. Not that anyone has actually worn a bib in over a year and half. Suffice it to say that the cupboard hadn't been organized in a long time.
I pulled everything out, tossed what I didn't need. I gave away the bibs and the kids place mats. Returned the lawn fertilizer, paint and lighter fluid to the garage and basically got ride of everything wasn't needed in the kitchen. It was night time by the time I finished - between feed kids, refereeing fights and laundry, it took all day.
And that is why I'm working so hard to get organized. All day for two shelves? Crazy!
Meanwhile, I've been trying to work through piles of paper, mountains of laundry and the explosion of toys before the holiday season arrives to bring in all new stuff. So far, I've given away two garbage bags full of clothing and plan to drop off another four today. I wish I could be organized enough to sell everything online, but at this point, I just need to get rid of it. Plus, there is a little good feeling in knowing that those unwanted items are going to help someone else.
Next on the list is the 'toy-splosion'. I feel a little sick about posting photos of the kids rooms online... but I've seen other kid rooms, so I know that I'm not the only one who runs to shut doors when company comes over unannounced.
I pulled everything out, tossed what I didn't need. I gave away the bibs and the kids place mats. Returned the lawn fertilizer, paint and lighter fluid to the garage and basically got ride of everything wasn't needed in the kitchen. It was night time by the time I finished - between feed kids, refereeing fights and laundry, it took all day.
And that is why I'm working so hard to get organized. All day for two shelves? Crazy!
Meanwhile, I've been trying to work through piles of paper, mountains of laundry and the explosion of toys before the holiday season arrives to bring in all new stuff. So far, I've given away two garbage bags full of clothing and plan to drop off another four today. I wish I could be organized enough to sell everything online, but at this point, I just need to get rid of it. Plus, there is a little good feeling in knowing that those unwanted items are going to help someone else.
Next on the list is the 'toy-splosion'. I feel a little sick about posting photos of the kids rooms online... but I've seen other kid rooms, so I know that I'm not the only one who runs to shut doors when company comes over unannounced.


0 Talk To Me!:
Post a Comment