CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Oct 25, 2012

The Dreaded Plauge



Now that fall has really arrived, you know it's going to happen... like the dreaded plague sweeping through Europe, some icky virus will sweep through the schools, after school activities or work. Mowing everyone in your family down, like a blade of grass in July.  Of course, we've just finished our first round. The Cuddler got it first, then Lala and finally to me. Guess who took 48 hours to fully recover?
When you are huddled on the couch, or cleaning up after a sick child, you do not want to be thinking about what is for dinner or whether you've got some more medication in the cabinet. Luckily, this summer I snagged some medical bargains for yours truly and was prepared for my own demise.

Today, I also found this article on I'm an Organization Junkie, all about preparing the family for cold and flu season. Although, I currently have almost everything on the list, there are a couple items missing and it's not all organized in one area. The last thing I will want to be doing with a sick child crying in bed, is searching the house for the last place I remember putting the thermometer.

There's also a couple of things a single parent should add to their list organizing for the ickies.
  1. Back up person. When you get that dreaded guess who just vomited in class call from your child's teacher, it is always at the most inopportune time. I'm pretty sure it's an incontrovertible law of the universe. They will also fall ill the of the day you most need to be at work. Having a back up person can save your life or possibly your job. You may never need this person - I have only ever had to use mine once in four years - but knowing that option is available just makes your life a little less stressful. Pick someone who is a stay at home and offer to bring them dinner when picking the child up... who can resist a stress free dinner?
  2. Always have peanut butter, jelly and bread in your house. Even a four year old can make themselves a PB&J sammy (and think they are pretty darn cool for doing so), thus saving super sick mom from having to make a dinner. One somewhat crappy dinner is not going to kill them. And it is probably healthier that the Ha**y Meal I bought last Sunday.
  3. Be germ phobic. Lead kids by example and wash your hands constantly for longer than you think is necessary. Exaggerate holding up your elbow to cover coughs and really, really enjoy those healthy foods. Back in the dinosaur days, someone told me that if you want someone to copy what you do, you have to perform that action twice as much as you want the copier to do. Exaggerate what you do and your little germ factory children will follow that example enough to keep you healthy. And maybe them.






0 Talk To Me!:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails