Ten Things I'm Thankful For:
- My kids. I know they drive me nuts on a regular basis, but every time I think of what I would be doing if they weren’t part of my life, I’m sad.
- My house. Sure we’ve already out-grown it and at times I feel very cramped, but the fact remains that it’s ours. At least, it is as long as I pay the mortgage.
- My health, current cold notwithstanding. I really don’t know what I would do if I was struck with some catastrophic illness or serious accident. I know it wouldn’t be good.
- My job. Even the days that I hate it, I’m still glad I have one that it pays me enough to live, eat and have medical insurance. Plus, I get to work with some super awesome people.
- My country. As I watch the nightly news, I am struck at how lucky I am to have been born in the US and how lucky my daughter is to have been born here as well. Despite our problems, I am still free to live my life without fear of violence in my own home.
- Coffee. While I’m not really supposed to drink it, I really just can’t imagine my life without it.
- Friends. They are what makes life fun!
- Chocolate. Bless who ever invented it. Seriously.
- A working washing machine and dryer, in my house. I didn’t always have that as child and I can tell you it makes such a difference in how you live your life and in how you view your life.
- Technology. Good googly-moogely, I would just hate life without it. Honestly, I may dream of the simple homesteader life… but if it came without running water, heaters and internet, I would be gone in less than an hour.


0 Talk To Me!:
Post a Comment