A couple of weeks ago, I was watching listening to QVC and they happened to have this little baby on sale. Those who know me, know that I have a love for cozy fire places. I am, however, not all that fond of the whole cutting, chopping, stacking, chopping and carrying of wood for said fire place. Plus there is the whole issue of whether or not the fire place is emitting heat at all… my last apartment had a severe issue with emitting cold air. Plus there was the whole catch the building on fire thing, but I digress.
I have priced gas fire places, electric fire places, as well as their “wood” stove counterparts. As a single mom, I have said to myself on numerous occasions that it’s a cost and hassle that I don’t need. So, when I saw this little beauty on the QVC on sale for the lowest price at that quality level, I took the plunge. It arrived early this week and yes, I had to rearrange the entire living room to find a place for it. But I would have had to do it anyways for the tree. Yes, it’s fake. You can tell. It’s also a bit small, but it works really well in our house. Lily adores it! She asks me to turn it on the minute we walk in the door and will sit in front of it, fascinated by the flickering lights. I’m calling it the family holiday present. It does give the room a much more Christmassy feel. What are you doing to make your home feel more Christmassy?

0 Talk To Me!:
Post a Comment