For the holiday, I believe the thing I was most thankful for was a full table for dinner. My brother drove down for the day and my mother and grandmother braved three mountain passes to join us for dinner. And the kids, of course. My table was indeed full of loved ones. Lala and the cuddler absolutely love their uncles, and playing with Uncle J is indeed a good time!
Remember when I said I dislike cooking? That goes aside for the holidays. I cooked the full Thanksgiving dinner! Huge turkey? Check! Oyster stuffing? Check! Garlic mashed potatoes? Check! Green bean casserole? Check! Ok, I was forced into that one. But since I had to have green bean casserole, I went the Marth* St*wart route. Yes, I chopped shallots and fried them for the crunchy topping. I fried the mushrooms in butter and created a lovely creamy sauce for them. I then blanched the green beans – mixed them with the mushroom cream sauce, topped with the homemade onions. I, literally, cooked all day long. Over 7 hours.
But it was so worth it.

0 Talk To Me!:
Post a Comment