We all awoke this morning to the news of the devastating earthquake in Japan. While watching the news, I noticed the scrolling text on the bottom of the screen and discovered that schools were delayed today because of a tsunami warning. It’s something we live with – there are signs like the one on the left are found all around here.
It made me think… do I know remember what the daycare’s emergency evacuation plan is? Where will the kids be taken in case of tsunami? Where would I pick them up? How long will staff members take care of them?
My job requires me to responsible for someone else’s children in case of emergency, but if I am, who will be watching mine?
Have you reviewed the emergency plan at your children’s school/daycare? Do you have a plan? Do you children know what it is? I know that some would say not to expose your child to the worry, but I believe that forewarned is forearmed. It’s a relief for them to know who is going to care for them or what they need to do if something happens. Have you done this?

1 Talk To Me!:
Good advice! You have a big responsibility tending someone else's kids while you're worried about your own.
Post a Comment