This morning we had the best fall breakfast! Pancakes and homemade apple sauce.
Homemade apple sauce is probably the easiest fall treat there is... Peel apples, slice and put in pot with a bit of water. Heat and cook until soft. Drain water (because measuring the water amount is for Mom's with a helper at home) and mash with whatever is handy. A fork will work, but I find that the barely used pastry blender works fabulous! Add cinnamon.
No preservatives, no added sugar (for apples?!? Does anyone need that much sugar?) and it makes the house smell fabulous!
- Posted using my iPad
Oct 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Talk To Me!:
Funny you should post this today! I was just thinking earlier that it would be nice to make my own applesauce so I wouldn't be subjected to excess sugar and partisllly hydrogenated corn syrup... And I was wondering how to make it. And now I know! Thanks!
Post a Comment