CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Nov 8, 2010

Apple crumble


celebratory apple crisp


We're official!!! Somehow we managed to make it to our court appointment this morning. After a short wait, we were ushered into the jury room (I was there last spring as a jury member... at the time, I never thought I'd be back in there to finalize the adoption!). I think the introductions of who was who took longer than the signing of papers. My cousin wondered where the fireworks and balloons were...

How did we "manage"? On Sunday, I attempted to drive to my Aunt's house. About a block away, my windshield wipers quit. Nothing I did could get them work. I checked the fuse, attempted to examine the relay switch - which on a Volkswagen is not easy! - but nothing worked. Of course, on Sunday there is nothing open and without wipers there was no driving in the rain. So, how do we get to the courthouse on Monday? Luckily, my cousin with a minivan had the day free - whew! Four car seats (she's got two of her own) and we were off!

Then on the way there, my mother - who was following the minivan - was pulled over for speeding in a school zone. Please note "she was following the minivan"... which was going the same speed. But she's a magnet for these things. We had to leave her behind and hope for the best. Luckily, the officer lead her to the courthouse (one last stop before going to court?). She made it there just in time to meet us.

Afterwards, I wondered what would be the third thing to go wrong. Luckily, it was just a dumped coffee.

The car was fixed. Just a loose nut.

3 Talk To Me!:

~Kristen

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

What a long road that was for you... with such a happy ending!

Tara dS

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! If you are anything like me, you are probably one part overjoyed and one part relieved! Enjoy the holidays together...

Nacho Lover

so happy for you and your family! congratulations to you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails