At the beginning of the month I heard about Reverb10; daily prompts to really reflect upon your life and the passing year. Unfortunately, the month turned out to be a bit more busy that I planned, so while I signed up for the prompts, I didn’t do anything with them but let them sit in my mail box.
The first prompt of the month really stuck with me and I’ve been pondering it for the past 23 days. Basically it asked me to come up with a word to describe 2010 and another one that I would like to be the “catch-phrase” for 2011. Yesterday I posted what the word for 2010 – today on to 2011.
In choosing a word to describe 2011, I think the I would I hope I choose in December 2011 was “better”.
I know that I will probably set all sorts of New Year’s Resolutions in January, that is just the kind of person that I am. I set new resolutions all the time – random Mondays, first days of months, etc. I just like to think I’m going to turn over a new leaf. Doesn’t mean that I actually do that – in many areas I’ve failed for years!, but something in me is the eternal optimist in that I will achieve that resolution. Tenacity, my dears, tenacity.
I hope that I will always be striving to be a better parent, have better health, be a better household manager and better teacher. There are many things that are out of my control – I cannot ‘better’ my salary, but I can better my employment options. I cannot control the actions of others but I hope that I will strive to create better relationships with those I love and treat strangers in a better manner.
Really, what is the point of doing anything if we are not striving to do better?

0 Talk To Me!:
Post a Comment