Last night we attended our church holiday party. Probably not too surprising our seats were surrounded by those of a similar age – other children from the nursery. One little girl made a big point of introducing her entire family to me. Apparently, she loves to this whenever the family is out – Santa got the whole schpiel last weekend. After she introduced her daddy (who I work with and see on a daily basis), Lala leaned over to me and whispered “I don’t have a daddy?”
“Ummm…” She said it somewhat sadly, like she knew she was probably missing something. And while I have no problem with perpetrating Santa, I find it hard to lie to her about this one. I told her that we don’t and she just nodded her head and then asked “Where’s the piano?” At point, I guess she at the point of trying to figure out what is versus trying to figure out the whys of what is.
I know there will be more questions in the years to come… I just need to start thinking about how to answer them.

1 Talk To Me!:
Probably not going to be easy for you. Good luck with that one!
Post a Comment