Last year, I restrained myself from purchasing a lot of gifts. Although I knew/had an inkling about the permanency placement of both children, I figured that they would be inundated with copious amounts of toys. Both biological parents would be sending at least several bags full of toys, plus things from the caseworkers and, of course, my family. It was a haul, I can say.
This year, there will be no presents from the state or biological parents (so I thought). I figured it was my time to go a little crazy. Now, I’m not so sure… And I’m pretty sure that toddlers should not be greeted by huge pile of presents that will be waiting for them on Christmas morning. I got the cuddler the follow me Thomas (very fun to play with, but takes practice – I fear for my walls) and I’m thinking that there won’t be any room to run that train!
I’m not even sure that they will unwrap the presents currently under the tree – once they see the presents from Santa they’ll want to play – not continue to did through and unwrap. Maybe we’ll open them up on Christmas Eve and string out the gift giving.
Where is the “overboard” line?

1 Talk To Me!:
same boat girlfriend. I could have posted this myself. I guess we will know on Christmas morning!
Post a Comment